Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I took a tour of the Newtown Creek Wastewater Plant "Eggs"...

Once a month the Newtown Creek Wastewater Treatment Plant gives a tour of the plant. The architectural sweet spot of the tour are the "EGGS".  You can see them when you drive in and out of the city from the Midtown Tunnel over the L.I.E. Many people do not even know what they are, I didn't at first either.
Weather was kind of cloudy and white so it wasn't the best day for photos but the tour was interesting none the less. I was amazed at how many people go on this tour, there were about 150 people in all. Apparently colleges take some of their students on this tour. 
For better photos you would need to be at a distance to capture all of the Eggs as a full shot but here are some close up shots that I took.

Here is the Flickr Link...



Newtown Creek Egg
Newtown Creek Eggs
Future Water Tanks Project

No comments:

Post a Comment